We awoke early to head to the Blue Mountains to go abseiling (rappelling)!! This was my favorite part of orientation! There is nothing better than a day of adventure.
It was cloudy and lightly raining, but that actually turned out for the best since the sun wasn't beating down on us, and the temperature was lower. The abseiling guides were really cool and nice. I started at 14 feet to learn the technique in how to descend. It was really scary the first time, but it got easier each time I did it. We were able to move to higher cliffs once we got the hang of it. The last one was 190 ft! There was a beautiful view of the surrounding area. I went down four times - three times the normal way, and then once face first. Going face first was scary at first, but I'm glad I did it.
When we got back around 6:00, we had an hour to shower before heading out to a bar. We were given a free mail and drink if we listened to a couple of programs talk about trips to go on. Free meal - I was there. Sarah and I signed up for a surf trip for the weekend of the 28th. We're really excited!
We went out that night to experience Sydney's nightlife!
From left to right: Andrea, Amy, Sarah, me


No comments:
Post a Comment