Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My first week in Broadbeach!

The first three days here were actually cloudy and rainy! :( It was a little depressing, but it was okay because it gave me a chance to relax and get settled in.  Since Thursday, the sun has been shining everyday!


It is awesome living just a couple blocks from the ocean!!  We've had a lot of free time this week, and it has been so nice to spend the afternoons on the beach.  The waves are huge, so we've been having a lot of fun playing in the water.  I'm going to buy a boogie board soon!  I've also been running on the beach every night, and I love it.  There's a nice breeze, just the sound of waves crashing into shore, and a soft surface to run on.  I've been running barefoot a few times as well, I'm hoping to do that more often as the semester goes on.
We're located right across the street from Jupiter's casino, the largest casino on the Gold Coast.  We went there once this week, and I came out $5.50 ahead playing roulette. :)
The Broadbeach area is really nice.  There are a ton of nice restaurants, cafes, and shops by us.  The nightlife is great, and Surfers Paradise is just a 10 minute bus ride away.  Surfers Paradise is a huge tourist area, but it has been a fun place to hang out.




It was orientation week at Bond, and they had a lot of activities planned.  The campus is beautiful!  Everything looks brand new, and the architecture is great.  I could definitely get used to going to school here!  This is my first time living off campus, and it has felt a little weird this past week.  But I'm getting used to it, and it is nice to go back "home" at the end of the day.



We had a hypnotist come Tuesday night.  I have always said that if I'm in a situation where I don't really know anyone in the crowd, that I would volunteer.  So Abby, Amanda, and I all went up there haha.  Unfortunately, it didn't work on me or Amanda.  But Abby went under, and she was fun to watch. :)


Yesterday morning we had a BBQ by the ocean, and Helen (another program director - super nice!) and Roger cooked bacon and eggs, and then we also had fresh fruit, juice, and Tim Tams.





Speaking of which, my first day of class was today!  I had Business Ethics from 2:00-4:00.  The professor seems great!  I'm also taking Marketing, Strategic Management, and Finance.  I worked out my schedule so I don't have class on Fridays, so that will be nice!




I will send another update at the end of the week after I've had all my classes.  If I end up working at Lil Sister, I'll have my first night of work on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. The campus looks beautiful! It's cool that you won't have class on Fridays. Yay three day weekends!

    ReplyDelete