I went in for one last swim with Abby and Amanda before we had to pack our bags and get ready for the boat to come get us. The Fijians sang us a farewell song. It was beautiful, but also very sad. :(
I exchanged contact information with Solo, Sauna, and Ron. I miss the them a lot! Minnie was really fun, too. A little crazy, but fun. :)
They had some trouble getting the boats off shore to go meet the big, yellow "Fiji Adventures" boat to take us back to the mainland. The water level was low, and we a lot of weight on the boat between people and all of our luggage. But, eventually, we made it. I have final hugs, and they waved goodbye as they headed back to shore. Our 3 1/2 hour boat ride back to the mainland went by fast; it was nice to relax on the boat and enjoy all the beautiful islands! When we got back, we had a bus waiting to take us to Sofitel, the resort we were staying at for the last night. It was so nice. Unfortunately, we didn't arrive until ~6:30 and by the time we showered and got something to eat, we were all pretty tired after a long day!
We ate at the restaurant inbetween the pool and ocean. The food was pricy, but good! I ate with Sarah and Madelin, and we had a table facing the ocean. There was a couple eating dinner on the beach; it looked like the dream dinner that you only see on the movies and advertisements.
Following dinner, most people went to bed. I decided to set out and explore the resort. After walking around for a while, I ended up on a hammock next to the ocean. I layed there and relaxed for a while before heading back to my room. The beds were amazingly comfortable.
We got up early to head to the airport to catch our flight to Sydney for orientation. I was excited to meet my roommate, Sarah, and everyone else; less than half of the students went on the trip to Fiji.
This island experience was cooler that I could have ever imagined. It makes me wish I could have stayed there all semester! I loved it, and did not want to leave. The time went by way too fast!
Nicole and Jim -- I have lots more to tell you guys about Fiji!
No comments:
Post a Comment